Google Chrome for Android, like Google Chrome for desktop, supports the usage of tabs during browsing sessions. The number of webpage tabs you can have open at the same time get determined on the device. Those with better specs, for example, will be able to keep more pages open, whether they are your android device tabs or your browser tabs. But at one point, you want to know how to close tabs on Android? Is it possible to complete all at once?
Mobile browsers are more advanced than ever, yet they are still challenging to use compared to desktop equivalents. While you may shut each tab one by one, there is a method to close them all at once.
Where Are The Tabs on Your Android?
The tabs tray stores all of your open tabs. The square option next to the search bar is where your tabs are. You may also open a new tab from here.
How To Open A New Tab on Android?
To close android tabs, you first need to know how to open tabs on Android? By default, when you open your chrome application on your mobile, the new tab will already be waiting for you. Still, in case if you want to open more new tabs, then you have to do the following steps:
- Tap the square Tab sign next to the address bar to open the tabs tray. The number indicates how many tabs are open.
- To open a new tab, tap the + sign at the bottom right of the tabs tray.
Opening Private Tab On Android
What should you do if you wish to use your Android to open an incognito tab?
- For safe surfing, open an incognito tab:
- From the Action Overflow or Menu icon, select the New Incognito Tab command.
- When you use incognito mode, your web browser does not monitor your history, leaves cookies. It also doesn’t leave behind any other proof of which web pages you’ve viewed.
An overview of how it works appears on the incognito tab page.
Toggle Between Tabs on Android
However, there will be times when you need to move between ordinary and incognito tabs. Tap the square in the top right corner of the Chrome app’s screen to switch between incognito and regular tabs. Then tap on the one that takes you where you want to go.
How To Close Tabs On Android?
Chrome’s newest version adds a new fast shortcut that makes things a little simpler. You can execute three actions with a single touch: remove a tab, open a new tab, and launch a new incognito tab. But you’re probably more concerned about How To Close Tabs On Android? So without any further let’s get to the primary concern by doing the following steps:
- Open the Chrome app on your Android phone.
- You’ll notice a square button next to the search box with a number next to it. This button should get pressed. The number inside the square indicates how many tabs are presently open.
- Hit the square icon and then navigate to the tab you wish to shut to close a tab.
- On the right side of the heading, tap the “X” inside a circle.
What Is The Best Way To Close All Tabs At Once on Android?
But what if you want to dismiss all of your tabs at the same time? You can do so by following the instructions below:
- Press the square button next to the search bar in your Chrome.
- From within the browser, press the “three-dots” alternatively “Menu” button.
- Then select the “Close All Tabs” option.
How To Undo The Close Tab on Android?
You may have noticed that opening several browser tabs causes your Android phone to operate slower. You get to know about How To Close Tabs On Android, but what about how to undo closed tabs? So many Android users know this technique that closing all open browser tabs causes the web browser to run quicker.
Have you ever accidentally closed an important webpage that you intended to read and now can’t recall what it was? But you don’t need to freak out over this because it is effortless for users to lose track of a critical webpage or webpages that they intended to visit.
The recent tab is a feature of the default Google Chrome browser for Android phones. Fortunately, it is straightforward to open Recently Closed Tabs on an Android smartphone. You can undo your specific tab by doing the following steps:
- Toggle to the three-dot menu sign in the top-right corner of your screen when Chrome gets launched.
- From the drop-down menu, choose Recent Tabs.
- You’ll notice a list of recently closed tabs under the “Recently Closed” section on the following screen. Touch on the Recently Closed website or webpage you wish to reopen.
How To Automatically Close Tabs on Android?
Usually, people use Google chrome to close tabs manually on their Android, but firefox on Android facilitates the automatic feature. Rather than closing tabs manually, you can use the automatic firefox feature, far better than the Google Chrome feature
- To access the tabs tray, tap the square icon next to the address bar.
- In the tabs tray, tap the three-dot menu button.
- To access the tab setups page, tap Tab settings.
- Select a period under Close tabs. Open tabs that have not got visited for the specified time will be closed automatically; options usually are Never, after one day, after one week, and after one month.
We utilize Chrome Browsers indefinitely without knowing how many tabs we have open in Chrome. When your mobile slows down, it is best to close all tabs to keep it working as usual. You can close tabs individually s well as close them all at once by following the above guide. You can also recover those tabs which you accidentally closed by the recent tab feature.
More on TechTripe.com: How to retrieve deleted texts on Android? We have discussed this here.
This is a great guide! I’ve been struggling to find a way to close tabs on my android phone for a while now. This guide has helped me a lot.